Saturday, July 15, 2006

my day

There are people who believe in faith and there are people who don't. I still don't know exactly which side of the line I stand on ... I have lived away from home for 9 years now (WOW! really?) but no matter where I had been all year long, I had always had my parents with me on my birthday. Last year as I was saying that to a friend it passed my mind that it is probably going to change soon ... it was my choice to stay in Vancouver and finish my proposal instead of going home this year, and yes, I thought about it deep and hard. I even reminded myself that it'll be the first birthday without mum and dad. They were a little concerned too, especially dad ... I didn't have my parents with me this year, but I realized once again how many great friends I have. They take good care of me ... since last week I have been getting presents, cards, notes, phone calls and messages, until now I have had 2 birthday parties, 2 more to come ... there is nothing better than feeling loved by so many people to make you feel great on your birthday ... I am blessed, whether it's faith or not ...

4 comments:

Sooski said...

Happy Birthday, my friend! :)
You're also loved in the blog world! :)
a big bday hug,
--Sooski

Sooski said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dokhtare aftab said...

thanks honey, that was so sweet of you ...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!