Saturday, June 09, 2007

Bono vs. Harper

In response to Bono's request to meet Harper, whom I believe has done a worse job than I would even expect from him, replied: "Meeting celebrities isn't my shtick" and that "that was the shtick of the previous guy" referring to Paul Martin! How can you even say that Harper, what a disgrace.

To this of course Bono replied: "It's not the pop stars he doesn't want to meet. It's the movement that we represent." Pointing out that the leaders of the United States, Germany, France and Britain had managed to meet with him.

To me this strengthens the allegations that Harper was the only one at the G8 summit that blocked the progress; my God do you realize that even Bush was ok with this and Harper said no!

Bono expressed his disbelief of the situation: "I said some years ago that the world needs more Canadas and I meant it. I can't believe that this Canada has become a laggard. I think he's out of sync with the people." Bob Geldof added: "A man called Stephen Harper came to Heiligendamm, but Canada stayed home." Shouldn't we wake up to see who is representing us?

You can find more on this subject here and here.

No comments: