Friday, October 05, 2007

letting go

I was 26 when I first realized that mum can no longer make everything right in my life, and it scared me. Then I learnt to use my own strength to get through ... Now I am experiencing the same thing with my supervisor. There used to be a time when I thought he knew the answer to everything, but recently I have had to go against his advice and do what I thought was right. I guess this doesn't scare me as much but it is somewhat of a similar experience in the sense that you understand that you are a grown up now ...

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Nice comparison. I would say this is the first sign of independence. Usually in post graduate degree this is what is expected from students after a while. Slowly but surely everyone has to decide for themselves and for their projects. I think this is the way that creative ideas are being developed.
Good for you I think your supervisor should be proud of you.


By the way do you mind if I link you in my blog.

dokhtare aftab said...

:) of course not, glad to be mentioned!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing, only 26 and already independent from parents? I envy you, I'm 36 but still live in the basement of my parents... I used to sleep at my parent's room when I was 26...

I continue to be amazed about your independence at work. I wish I was your supervisor so that you did all the work :)) May I ask if you still work in the middle of the woods?

dokhtare aftab said...

haha anonymous, get a life!