Thursday, November 29, 2007

my share

I have always been an avid recycler. I don't buy non-reusable plates and cutlery. I go shopping with my own bags and I reuse all the plastic bags I can from food wraps. For health reasons also I don't buy much of the ready made foods and ... you get the feeling.

A little while back I decided that I would start buying more in season fruits and vegetables and I would try to buy locally. My resolution is BC-grown as the first priority and then if I am really stuck for something California-grown. Nothing from Florida, Mexico or anywhere farther than California. Surprisingly it hasn't been that difficult, although there is still room for improvement. Lucky for me British Columbia grows a wide variety of fruits and veggies ...

2 comments:

Pedram said...

Salam after a long time :)
So, how is these fruits' price there? affordable?

dokhtare aftab said...

generally, California fruit and veggies are cheaper than locally-grown (ha!) Also, I think since Vancouver is an overall expensive city its fruit and veggies are also more expensive than anywhere else in general! To make things worse our dollar is stronger than the US dollar so that also affects grocery prices ...