Tuesday, February 12, 2008

creativity and concept

I don't know if you watch Celebrity Apprentice or not, but if you do I think you'll agree with me that it is getting tiring to watch the same pattern over and over. Trace Adkins, the brilliant mind he is, comes up with the concept and presentation and that is about all he says throughout the challenge. Then the rest of the team put it together and win.


He is by far the most creative person in the race and without him their team had no chance in hell of winning any of the challenges presented so far because they are mostly clueless as to what should happen. If you think about it, the praise they always get is, great slogan, wonderful concept, exactly what we wanted to hear. The only time the other team won was when they played the design card very strongly. And yet Trace's team got the great slogan praise again, so in fact Trace did do his part and it was their shortfall in execution that cost them that challenge.

I should say, I totally agree that creativity and getting the concept right is a fundamental part of winning in any business so it doesn't surprise me that Trace's team have been able to win only relying on his ingenious thoughts ... It's going to be interesting to see what will happen this week as Donald reorganizes the teams. Take that Piers! I hope you sink :))

No comments: