Saturday, December 30, 2006

dictators

What has become of us? Why are we all so engaged in wars? Why do we long so deeply for power and dictatorship? When I was a kid, I thought I could save the world. I played it many times in my mind that I would one day convince all the world leaders that serving people should be their sole intention. I thought that if I could speak to their better nature they too would understand. It was a Walt Disney movie. As time severed, I understood that mankind has desires far beyond my comprehension.

You're probably wondering why I am thinking about all of this a day before the New Year. December was a strange month. First Pinochet (December 10), then Niyazov (December 21) and last night Saddam. All known for their extremist governments, all known for so many crimes against their own people. Maybe we should wish for more Decembers in 2007. Then maybe one day there won't be any dictatorships. Maybe one day we can live together in peace, in harmony, as human beings.

2 comments:

speed_demon said...

Hi Shirin,

What you have to realize is that the US-sponsored Iraqi puppet regime decided to "shut" him up so he would no longer be able to disclose any state secrets regarding the dealings of US corporations with Saddam.

I also encourage you to read this:
Saddam's "crime against humanity," is it rightly justified?

dokhtare aftab said...

of course. it was pretty easy to figure that no other trial had gone as fast as his and no penalty had been inforced with no time to even appeal. the point is if the hunger for power puts the dictators face to face and takes them out one by one i'm happy ...