Wednesday, August 16, 2006

the Collector

There is a series airing this season called the Collector, actually it has aired since 2004 and won a handful of awards, but I just discovered it. It's the story of a monk who became a soul collector for the devil.
The only reason I watched it the first time around was that it was filmed in Vancouver (BTW filming projects are up 23% in Vancouver this year), but it kind of grew on me. Now I really like it. I should say it's rather intelligent for a weekday series, and it brings up some very philosophical issues, neither of which of course it carries forward to a clear answer. However, it is arguable that it's even possible to carry any question of that sort to a straight answer.
If you can set aside some of the religious view points, mostly brought forth by Christianity neither of which I think are intentionally implied but more related to the environmental effects of being surrounded by Christians, I recommend you watch a couple of shows ...

No comments: