Thursday, August 31, 2006

oops!

I received a phone call from the Canadian Family Action Coalition asking whether or not I agree with same sex marriage. Parliament will be voting on the definition of marriage once again this year. And well, I guess I didn't give them the answer they were looking for, I said: "Why not, like any minority they should have the right to get married." I said this despite the fact that we never came to a conclusion whether or not gay couples should be allowed to adopt, or better put, whether or not a child would benefit from being raised by a gay couple ...

3 comments:

Pedram said...

Sometimes I think they should be allowed to [adopt] and most of the times I think that they shouldn't. I may not have a logical reason for it. It's just what I feel.

dokhtare aftab said...

it is a tough say. putting the rights of the gay person aside, i can't even think what is right for the child ...

Sooski said...

As long as any couple are able to love and raise a good kid and they can afford it, they should be able to adopt IMHO.