Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crikey

"Welcome to Crocodile country" was how he started off many shows. I remember watching Steve Irwin as a kid. I can't be sure, but I think he inspired a lot of interest towards animals in me. Aside from the accent, I loved to see him handle dangerous animals, it was all so real, like you were there, like you were a part of nature ... and he had so much fun doing it, it excited you. Being with animals was so natural to him, as he puts it:

"So now what happens is the cameras follow me around and capture exactly what I've been doing since I was a boy. Only now we have a team of, you know, like 73 of us, and it's gone beyond that."

And he died doing what he loved best:

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it."

You'll be missed a lot Crikey!

P.S. I took the photos off the web and forgot to keep the link!

No comments: