Tuesday, September 12, 2006

genuine

I went to a very interesting talk last night. It was about a startup company by couple of very intelligent people who made the smallest motherboard I had ever seen. Their idea was to have open source hardware schematics so everyone could discuss it and either make it themselves or order it from them. Since all three of the founders had daytime jobs, it wasn't intended for profit, although it made a lot. And since they liked what they did, they had such a good relation with their costumers, some of whom were present there. It was such a fresh way of getting things done if you will. It is still the three of them working out of a garage. They custom-make whatever type of board you order, and they work with you on it to tailor it to your need ... maybe some part of what interested me was the fact that the speaker didn't talk like a salesperson, he was a real engineer, something like the image I always had about my future ...

No comments: