Tuesday, November 07, 2006

period .

As much as all girls would love to not go through periods, I still don't believe we would be open to the idea of jumping over a couple. Basically, the idea is, women didn't use to have as many periods in their lifetime, both because they had sooner pregnancies and because of their different lifestyle, so the body isn't even designed for this. And, since people more or less plan their pregnancies, they know when they want to be able to bare a child. Therefore, we can medicate the period, i.e. you can have Pill Periods and you can have them less often and to some extent chose when to have them. You can find more information on the topic here.

The answer is simple for me. I won't alter anything in my body unless it's some kind of treatment needed due to a malfunction! Maybe it's just because I don't trust doctors that much or maybe it's because they just don't have the best history of being right about interfering with the normal functions of the body ...

1 comment:

Sooski said...

Agreed. I'd rather let my body live as naturally as it can!